Marco Giberti is a successful entrepreneur and investor with more than 25 years of intensive experience as Co-Founder and CEO in media, technology and the events industry companies. In this capacity, he sits on Boards of Directors as well as on advisory boards and he assist co-founders and CEOs in consultative capacities to help drive business planning, growth and strategy.
Marco is Founder and CEO of Vesuvio Ventures, providing early-stage entrepreneurs access to coaching, partnerships, advisory and capital.
After several years in a successful career as a corporate executive at Apple, Marco pursued his entrepreneurial ambitions and became:
- Co-founder and Board Member of Mind Opener, a leading publishing group in Latin America that was later sold to British Pearson Media Group, and
- Co-founder and Board Member of e-mind, an internet and media communications company that was sold to Liberty Media.
- President, CEO and co-founder of Mind Trainer (later Reed Exhibitions), a firm specialized in the organization of major regional trade-shows and events that was sold to Reed Elsevier after a successful long-term joint venture.
Marco is a Harvard Business School OPM Graduate, and member of YPO, the Young Presidents Organization and a frequent speaker at industry conferences on topics such as entrepreneurship, corporate innovation and digital disruptive technologies.
Please connect here for consulting services.
AMR International is the world leader in strategy consulting to the events and exhibitions industry. Our mission is to create value for our clients and act as a guide for transformation. With more than 30 years’ experience, AMR supports every aspect of event transformation, from group and market entry strategy, acquisition search, commercial due diligence and performance improvement through to pricing, digital strategy and data analytics. AMR has offices in London, New York, Paris and New Delhi, as well as on-the-ground experience in 40 plus countries.
The Covid accelerator is forcing the fundamentally-disrupted events industry along its evolutionary path. AMR’s mission is to act as a guide to organizations seeking to navigate change. The main trends driving the industry’s transformation include:
- Pre-Covid, the industry was maturing with industry growth slowing and converging with GDP. This was particularly acute in mature markets
- Understanding and accessing attendees has become easier, but competition for their attention and time has never been higher
- Exhibition budget holders have a multitude of choice and are less tolerant of poor returns
- Data and digital open unprecedented opportunities, however they also present fundamental threats to events business models
The role of events in an omni-channel world is evolving. The competitiveness of industry participants that choose to ignore these factors will erode. The situation is complex and evolving, and the potential responses multi-faceted. Those that embrace the transformation will thrive.
Analytics and digital
Corporate and business unit strategy development
Show strategy and repositioning
Technology strategy and support
Pricing strategy and training
Corporate, business unit and event turnaround
Show launch, spin-off and geo-adapt strategy
Digital service definition and revenue generation
Exhibitor and attendee retention tools
Commercial due diligence
Event strategy process and training
Predictive analytics informing operational efficiency
Post-merger integration support